Bloomberg Philanthropies is accelerating the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic with initiatives including the COVID-19 Local Response Initiative and the COVID-19 Global Response Initiative, and is making investments in cities like New York and London.
Giving public health professionals the tools to protect the public is vital to saving lives and to helping mitigate the kind of economic and social damage that could make this crisis even more debilitating for families and communities.
Investing in Cities
Bloomberg Philanthropies has donated thousands of masks to hospitals in London and New York, is providing meals to health care workers, and is supporting cultural and social service non-profits as they navigate this difficult period.
- NYC COVID-19 Response and Impact Fund Launched to Support New York City Nonprofit Organizations (March 20, 2020)
- Bloomberg L.P. to contribute £1 million to London Community Response Fund; brings total funds to over £5 million (March 25, 2020)
- Follow the Data Podcast: How to Help Nonprofits Hit Hard By COVID-19 (April 3, 2020)
- Mike Bloomberg Supports World Central Kitchen to Provide as Many as 1 Million Meals for Healthcare Workers at 16 NYC Health + Hospitals Facilities on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Pandemic (April 14, 2020)
- NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund Issues $44 Million in Grants and Loans to New York City-Based Social Services and Arts Nonprofits (April 16, 2020)
- Mayor Sadiq Khan launches new fund to support London’s at risk culture (April 30, 2020)
- What It Takes to Serve 500,000 Meals to Front Line Workers in NYC’s Public Hospitals – A Look into the Bloomberg Philanthropies and World Central Kitchen Partnership (May 12, 2020)
- More than £11 million awarded to charities from Bloomberg L.P. backed London Community Response (May 19, 2020)
- Bloomberg Philanthropies and World Central Kitchen Have Served Over One Million Meals to Frontline Workers at 16 Public Hospitals in New York City Caring for COVID-19 Patients (June 1, 2020)