With the NCAA men’s and women’s basketball finals and the start of Major League Baseball in recent days, we’ve seen a lot of great starting lineups. Because we also just kicked off Earth Month, we thought we’d share our own: our Starting Five to Fight Climate Change.
This is the team we’ve put together to tackle our planet’s greatest threat and ensure safe, healthy, sustainable lives now and into the future. Learn more about each member of our starting five:
- Turbocharging the clean energy transition | A power player that can help shut down dirty coal plants and stop the climate-driving emissions from fossil fuels. Find out how we’re accelerating clean energy with our Beyond Carbon initiative and supporting clean energy in developing nations.
- Accelerating local climate action | An assists leader helping partners hit their climate goals. Learn more about our work to support sustainable cities that are leading the way with local climate actions.
- Stopping air pollution | A defensive powerhouse that allows everyone to breathe easier. See how we’re not only cutting climate emissions but also working to track and reduce pollution that poses significant public health threats.
- Protecting the ocean | This one brings real depth to our lineup. Protecting the ocean not only preserves a massive carbon sink to absorb future emissions, it also safeguards habitats that matter to the lives and livelihoods of more than three billion people around the world. Learn more about our work to protect the ocean.
- Driving sustainable finance | In the Moneyball era, if you want to win you’ve got to focus on the numbers. To help mobilize private sector investments in game-changing climate solutions, we’ve launched efforts to increase transparency around the economic risks of climate change and boost sustainable finance.