Project Manager, Information Technology - 12 month contract
Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support the IT department provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, high impact environment regardless of where they are working from. We are a close-knit, hardworking team who places a high value on providing quality customer service. The team deploys leading edge technology to deliver the services we provide, and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
We are seeking a seasoned Project Manager to work closely with the Chief of Staff to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Technology Team and support strategic issues and planning for the overall team. You’ll support the Chief of Staff in strategic planning initiatives through problem solving, analytics, and cross-functional collaboration. You will have the chance to work in a highly specialized, fast paced cross functional environment, with challenging projects where you can acquire experience on a wide variety of projects.
In this role you’ll ensure the Technology team is operating at the highest level, through enabling information sharing, smooth workflow and coordinating across the broader organization. You will be responsible for leading and driving strategic projects in addition to supporting the team at large on day-to-day operations, cross-functional initiatives, and people development to build the strength of the team.
The role is based in New York City.
Key Projects and Responsibilities:
- Technology Team Operations:
- General Operations
- Partner with the Chief of Staff to drive department operations and lead customer service and efficiency focused process improvement within the IT team
- Manage and monitor IT KPI dashboards; work with Team Leads to ensure that KPIs are closed within SLA targets
- Oversee the process to update and publish IT processes documentation
- Finance and Procurement
- Coordinate budget planning with IT Leadership and support the Chief of Staff in crafting budget plans and presentations
- Oversee IT purchasing and contracts; work closely with Procurement and Legal teams
- Team Cohesion and Training
- Ensure strong coordination across the different groups within the department (Enterprise Technology, Security, Desktop Support) to achieve strategic goals
- Support Project Management and Strategic Planning:
- Project Management
- Lead the team’s internal Agile project management function, working closely with the Team Leads to understand annual, quarterly and monthly objectives and translate that into actionable deliverables
- Manage internal project intake process and provide guidance on prioritization
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff to create reports that track projects and milestones; provide insights on what can be done if projects or milestones are off target and slipping
- Provide project management support on select initiatives and projects when needed
- Strategic Planning
- Support the Chief of Staff in strategic planning initiatives and lead various special projects as directed
- Periodically review portfolio strategy and goals against existing work streams and emerging opportunities
- Ensure Chief of Staff’s time and energy are used strategically to advance the CIO’s mission and engage Foundation leadership
- Internal Communications and Management Support:
- Prepare briefings and meeting presentation materials
- Track and ensure follow-ups from meetings and events as needed
- Field inquiries to appropriate team members, respond to employee and outside inquiries, and ensure timely response to important and urgent issues
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of experience in a project management, analytical role
- Experience working with a development team or within an IT organization is strongly preferred
- Proven Agile project management skills with the ability to multi-task and summarize complex situations, with the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
- Strong expertise in MS Office
- Excellent customer service and stakeholder manager with clean oral and written communications
- Ability to create relationships internal and external to the department to continue a culture of minimal bureaucracy
- Strong relationship building, problem-solving, creative, and strategic thinking capabilities coupled with an outcome, delivery-oriented approach
- Astute judgement
- Operates with discretion – the ability to protect confidential and sensitive information on behalf of the organization
- Excellent analytical skills and autonomous problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment
- Detail oriented personality and interest in continuous learning/improvement
- Must be an approachable, upbeat, team player, able to coach and lead by example as needed
We’d Love to See:
- Keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg Philanthropies provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.