Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Operations Department has an open position for a front of house Reception position in New York City. Our Reception team is the first point of contact, and provides the first impression for the various groups we support. The position requires a combination of socially distanced and virtual interaction with employees, clients, high profile visitors, various levels of management, and vendors. This position collaborates with other on-site operations staff and will provide back up when needed for other departments including assisting with catering, reporting facilities issues and coordinating vendor services when needed. Off-hour support will also be needed at times. The position requires outstanding customer service skills, the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced / changing environment. A consistently upbeat attitude and a ‘can do’ approach to challenging situations is a must.
- Hours range from 8am – 5pm, 9am – 6pm or 10am – 7pm on most days, with early or late coverage, as needed
- Overseeing the Reception desk and Reception area along with our current Reception team
- Ensure overall presentation of the Reception area including magazines, closets and flowers
- Monitor and maintain the Reception inbox and phone-lines
- Answer multi-line phones, handle solicitation calls and connect calls to proper contacts
- Manage meeting and conference room coordination and bookings
- Assist with events and event related tasks as they arise
- Be familiar with the daily schedule of meetings and VIP contacts
- Coordinate with other Reception team members to organize responsibilities and tasks
- Assist with the work-flow of other departments including directing requests or issues to Facilities, Food Services, Cleaning Services, Mailroom and Security, and following up to ensure completion
- Maintain complete confidentiality concerning meetings, guests, events and overall operations
- Order food for daily employee lunch
- Approve invoices, provide documentation of charges, and view expenses with an analytical eye
- Maintain various building documents including the Art Book and Employee Directory
- Communicate with management on important or timely issues
- Special projects and handling of delegated tasks as needed
- Inventory of products and supplies
- Oversee new employee set-up
- Minimum 1 year experience in a reception, customer service, retail or hospitality environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasking, prioritization skills and ability to learn and remember names
- Ability to uphold a professional demeanor under pressure
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Superior customer service / relationship management
- Team Player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to work evenings and occasional weekends as needed
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.
Bloomberg Philanthropies provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.