Board Relations Manager
Bloomberg Philanthropies works to create catalytic change across five areas of focus: arts and culture, education, the environment, government innovation, and public health. Our mission is to ensure better, longer lives for the greatest number of people. Our approach is rooted in Mike Bloomberg's unique experience and success across the field of business, government, and philanthropy.
Meeting regularly throughout the year, the members of our board will look to you to ensure each of their interactions with Bloomberg Philanthropies is informative, organized, and well thought through. To do so, you will be overseeing all aspects of board member engagement. In this leadership position, you will work in partnership with teams across the organization, while being ultimately responsible for logistics and project management for meetings, including board mailings and materials. This role will require building strong working relationships with leaders across the organization, including with finance, legal, events, communications, and executive teams, and ensuring all information regarding the board is recorded and up to date. The distinguished and diverse board of directors provides key counsel and leadership to ensure Bloomberg Philanthropies maximizes our positive impact on the world, and this role, liaising with our leadership team, and other key team members across our organization, will ensure their time is used wisely and their input is garnered effectively.
- Be fully accountable for the timeline and project management of all aspects of the board and committee meetings; including coordinating and running preparation meetings and tasks.
- Assume the responsibilities as the main point of contact for the board; this will include working with each board member directly on their attendance, serving as their liaison day-to-day for all questions and ensuring appropriate post-meeting follow ups are completed.
- Act as the Events point person and project manager for board meetings, committee meetings, board dinners, and board trips. This includes scheduling, leading preparation meetings with executive team, tracking RSVPs, and handling meeting set-up.
- Ensure board members are strategically engaged in our programs and events in meaningful ways. Proactively seek board member invitations and assist with their participation.
- Coordinate internally to help prepare meeting materials (ranging from memos to press clips to logistic information to back up material on grants) for all board and committee meetings including liasing with legal, finance, grants, and communications teams, and ensure all attendees are provided the materials well in advance.
- Responsible for updating and distributing board member lists, maintaining records of board member engagements and interactions across our internal systems.
- Ensure all relevant parties have updated list of board members, terms, and committees.
- Coordinate process for reviewing and approving minutes for all board and committee meetings with legal.
- Coordinate with content communications team on ensuring that board meeting set up and logistics align with meeting goals, including supporting logistics for high profile external meeting speakers.
- Coordinate and lead mailing of board stipends at year-end and work with finance to ensure payments are made successfully.
- Coordinate with grants team to track and coordinate matching gift process for all board members.
- Send out required legal forms annually and ensure all board members properly complete forms by deadlines.
- Liaise with Bloomberg LP team on relevant inquiries, including technical access.
- Handle reporting for our executive team. Prepare board interaction summaries for distribution on the first of every month, prepare board interaction memos before each board meeting and at year end; prepare relevant and updated bios for all meetings.
- Record all board interactions in our relation
- ship management system and serve as day-to-day contact for other internal users: updating, tracking, and sharing information regarding board member interactions as well as reviewing all entries weekly.
- Engage on generating new board member, creative meeting event set up, speaker, trip, and dinner ideas for the board.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in events or chief of staff capacity.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and an outstanding ability to track information, manage logistics, and follow up
- Superior project management skills and ability to prioritize and balance a high volume of projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and the ability to interact with management and senior leaders
- Ability to be self-motivated and self-directed
- Relationship management experience with senior executives, donors, supporters, or board members
- Strong judgement, and comfortable with ambiguity and working in a complex organization
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and contact management software (e.g. Salesforce)
For additional information on the Board of Directors refer to: https://www.bloomberg.org/about/#boardofdirectors
Bloomberg Philanthropies is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.